ICT 3rd Call is open for proposals on different areas from ‘Research for the benefit of SME’ to ‘Aeronautics and Air Transport’, from ‘Nanosciences, Nanotechnoogies, Materials and new Production Technologies’ to ‘Energy’, from ‘Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology’ to ‘Science in Society’. This is a good opportunity for the researchers in various institutions such as universities, SMES, big companies and NGOs who wish to develop their R&D activities with a support of the European Union.
2008 Calls were opened for many of the research areas:
- Research for the benefit of SME
- Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology
- Aeronautics and Air Transport
- Nanosciences, Nanotechnoogies, Materials and new Production Technologies
- Industry-Academia Partnerships
- Science in Society
- International Reintegration Grants
- Research Infrastructure
- Research Potential-REGPOP
- Sustainable Surface Transport
- Marie Curie International Research Staff Exchange Scheme
- Information and Communication Society
The deadlines for submission of proposals differ according to the call topics. You can reach the calls, call topics, deadlines and application guidelines from the following address:
Energy is one of the topic that wait for project submission of interested people. 2008 call for energy (FP7-ENERGY-2008-1) will focus on research with a longer term perspective and accept proposals on the following topics:
- Enhancing strategic international cooperation initiatives in the field of concentration photovoltaics
- Pre-normative research for hydropower
- Enhancing international cooperation between the EU and Latin America in the field of biofuels
- CO2 Capture and Storage – Capacity building with the large emerging economies
- CO2 transport and storage infrastructure development
- CO2 capture and storage – public acceptance
- Development of a suitable methodology for the qualification of deep saline aquifers for CO2 storage
- Open-access Standard for Smart Multi-Metering Services
- Innovative concepts and technologies for sustainable gas networks
- Energy efficiency of industrial heat exchangers and boilers
- Trans-national co-operation among NCPs
However 2008 call for energy will be a limited call with a small budget of 26.3 million euro. If you have a project idea to develop you may form your project consortium or you may be partners in the other European energy projects. Energy call has a two stage submission; you can submit your first stage proposals until 26 February, 2007. After evaluation, the coordinators of successful proposals will be invited to submit a complete proposal until 29 May, 2008.
Besides this general energy call, there separate calls related to the energy area were published respectively which targets cooperation with Russia in the area of power generation from biomass and innovative operational and monitoring tools for large power systems (FP7-ENERGY-2008-RUSSIA), Future and Emerging Technologies (FP7-ENERGY-FET) and common research topics with NMP (FP7-ENERGY-NMP-2008-1) focusing on novel materials for energy applications.
In order to meet and collaborate with other researchers in the area and have a networking opportunity to form proposals, the FP7 Energy Research Information Day, organized by European Commission on 19 December 2007 in Brussels, will be a great opportunity for the people interested in submitting proposals. The information day will inform the participants on the research topics open in the calls.
Moreover, another important opportunity for the interested people in energy will be the European Union Sustainable Energy Week which will take place inBrussels from Monday 28 January to Friday 1 February 2008. Energy week will cover key topics from renewable energy sources to energy efficiency, from distributed energy to technology.
You can reach the details of the Energy Week and register to the event from the following address: