TAGES is a partner of the project called Development the Competences of Key Persons for better Integration and Employability of Disadvantaged Groups on the European Labour Market (DC-Key-Train) Project which is supported by the European Union under Leonardo da Vinci Programme. The project which aims to facilitate the development of innovative training that will be available to SMEs and employment-support institutions in the partner countries started on August 2009 and kick-off meeting of the project was performed on the 16th-18th of November 2009 in London.
DC-Key-Train Project is funded by the European Commission under Lifelong Learning Program and has 4 participants from Slovenia, United Kingdom, Austria and Turkey. The project which started on August 2009 and will last 24 months is a Partnership project and addresses the employment-support needs of unemployed people with disabilities and other exclusion factors (youth, long-term unemployment, immigrants, ethnic minorities) The project focuses on SMEs who might offer jobs, and the institutions that provide employment support (rehabilitation centres, employment offices etc.).
Within this framework, the partnership will
- a) prepare a comparative survey of the legislative and programmatic framework for vocational rehabilitation in each country
- b) develop the partnership to provide practical cooperation between the participating institutions (for example in quality development and in preparing further joint programmes) and
- c) develop the partners individual capacity to co-operate with SMEs in the integration of people with disabilities and other disadvantage groups
- d) take steps in each country to have their work on skills / competencies (both previous and resulting from the project) recognized by and accessible to SMEs
- e) develop innovative practices in the field of vocational rehabilitation and training for this vulnerable group by comparing, transferring and unifying the approaches and good practice of the countries
- f) develop a joint training programme and support programme for key players in SMEs and institutions which work with them in order to achieve successful integration of the target group and
- g) evaluate the acquired skills and competencies of the partners and evaluate the partnership, objectives and results
In the project, TAGES will present the legislation frame of vocational rehabilitation and training in Turkey, facilitating cooperation between SMEs, other institutions and disadvantaged groups by means of its large network of SMEs, NGOs, universities and other institutions and disseminating the training and support programme for key players in SMEs in Turkey. By means of the project, TAGES will be able to offer a training and support programme for key players in SMEs and institutions which work with disadvantaged groups in order to achieve successful integration of these groups in Turkish labour market.
The first meeting of the project organized between 16 and 18 of November 2009 in London. Leyla Arsan, the CEO of TAGES, and Hikmet Barutcu, Ankara Operation Coordinator of TAGES, participated to the kick-off meeting of project. In the meeting, the project partners got know each other as a project consortium for creating operative groups and planning future activities. The 4th partner meeting will be organized in Turkey for presentation of innovative practices in the field of vocational rehabilitation and training for vulnerable group and comparing, transferring and unifying the approaches and good practice of the countries.