Smart Cities is an important topic for the EU under the digital economy & society’s smart living topic with environment, energy and mobility. There were two important events for this topic in previous weeks: General Assembly of the European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities on 24 May, 2016 in Eindhoven, Netherlands and Smart City Expo Istanbul on 1-3 June, 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey. TAGES also attended these events to participate and share the experience gathered from EU smart city projects.
General Assembly of the European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities (EIP-SCC General Assembly) on 24 May, 2016 in Eindhoven, Netherlands discussed and explored future needs and finance and investment opportunities to build more sustainable, energy efficient and liveable cities and attended by 500 participants, representing cities, regions, companies and other organisations from across Europe. Smart City Expo Istanbul on 1-3 June, 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey explored how innovative cities can transform the world to build a more sustainable future with tracks on mobility, energy, entrepreneurship and economic development, innovation and technology, smart society and big data and urban management.
Leyla Arsan, TAGES CEO, and Aslıhan Kağnıcı, Projects Coordinator also participated in these events. With smart city project experience from CitySDK (www.citysdk.eu) and RADICAL (www.radical-project.eu) they shared information and opinion in different sessions and workshops.
TAGES, with the services below, guides the European cities to become smart cities:
- ICT Platforms with Open Standards and Open Data
- Requirement Analysis of the Cities, Users and SMEs
- Coordination of the Pilot Implementations of the Smart City Services
- User Evaluations of the Cities and Living Labs on Smart City Services
- Replication Plans of the Smart City Platforms and Replication Actions
- Sustainability Plans of the Cities for the Smart City Services
- Business Plans of SMEs for the Smart City Platforms and Apps
- Exploitation and Dissemination Activities
- Creating Smart City Ecosystems; Establishing City-Academia-ICT Partnership, Organizing App Contest such as Hackathons, Engaging Developers and SMEs in Innovative Platforms
- City Digital Plans
- Smart City Strategies and New Policy Development
- Benchmark and Assessment Reports for Smart Cities
- Engaging City Authorities/Municipalities in the Project Consortiums and Coordinating City Activities in the Smart City Projects
- Smart City Project Coordination